Monday’s Miscellaneous on Tuesday
-Things seem busy, busy, busy…but really they aren’t, they just seem that way.
-My wrist has spontaneously combusted. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, it’s been a few months since my person has decided to randomly break itself so I guess it’s about time, but it’s still not pleasing.
-Apparently I have a ganglion cyst on my wrist (doesn’t that sound really gross!), which explains at least in part why it’s been hurting for a few weeks. It is also called a “Bible bump”, the reason? Well, back in the day, the “cure” for this type of thing was to find the biggest book in the house (generally the Bible) and smack the offending wrist until the cyst broke. Ew and Ow! The problem is that the “cure” rarely makes it go away long term, so it doesn’t seem like a wise course of action in my mind.
-Today I saw a guy “skinning” a mattress on the side of the road. That might not be the technical term, but it’s what it looked like.
-On Sunday the window on my car decided to open but not close. I was an hour away from home so I was dreading the ride home at night with the wind blowing in my fully open window. However, it was surprisingly refreshing to have the heat on full blast and the window open. Not something I would do just for the fun of it, but not nearly as bad as I anticipated.
-Ever feel like people just aren’t listening to you when you talk? (This is no reference to any blog posts, rather actual conversations I’ve had with people recently who have shown obvious signs of zoning out.)
-That’s all I’ve got.
More from my site
- I survived IKEA I knew what I was getting myself into, I should have been more prepared. But it's like a novice mountain climber thinking he's totally capable of attempting Everest without a guide - it's […]
- …and back again. Monday morning after vacation - is there a worse day? It's not that I hate my job or even don't want to go, I simply hate dealing with the pile up of being away for a week. Phone calls and […]
- 10 Reasons to eat Thai food when you’re sick 1. It takes them under 5 minutes to make your order from scratch. Get the phone number off the sign in the parking lot, call and place your order, walk in, grab some tissues from the […]
- Things I’ll never get over 1. Working during the summer. It's just not fair that we're conditioned for the first decade or more of our life that summer is party time, then we get out in the real world and we spend […]
- The Renovation Blues and Dr. Seuss. I'm so over this whole renovation thing at work. The problem is that the renovations aren't over. Far from it. It's at times like these it's important not to look at the state of things. […]
- The Anatomy of a Band The musical band. It's a thing of beauty. It's amazing how a series of instruments with a wide array of functionality, look, and sound can somehow take the variation of each and use their […]
- Thursday’s Thoughts 1. It is Thursday August 18th. Not to be confused with Thursday August 25th, which I thought it was for a little bit this week (read: all week). 2. I am desperitely in need of my fall […]
Trackbacks and pingbacks
No trackback or pingback available for this article.