Memorable dating moments
-The one where he took me to see “Passion of the Christ” because he had free tickets. Very moving film, horrible first date choice.
-The one where he gave EVERY female who walked by the complete “head to toe and back again” look over. Wrong on so many levels.
-The one where he told me he believed that God was like the “Oracle” from the Matrix who can only see the future up until our next decision. Uh, no.
-The one where he tried to show off his Spanish speaking skills at a Mexican restaurant and no one (including the Mexican owners) could understand him, yet he persisted. I was embarrassed for him.
-The one where he ordered a shrimp appetizer for us to share no less than 3 minutes after I said that shrimp skeeves me out. Way to prove you weren’t listening or just don’t care. Both are bad.
-The one where he showed up at my front door and was introduced to my dad wearing a full length black trench coat. Not a good first impression.
-The one where I was speeding across Connecticut because I was terrified we wouldn’t get to the airport in time for him to board his flight home and he would have to stay longer. If I had gotten a ticket it would have been worth it.
-The one where he made me stand in the rain waiting because he insisted on opening my door. Contrary to his belief, not chivalrous.
-The one where he unexpectedly went to kiss my cheek, I moved and he got the side of my head. Awkward.
-The one where he told me he didn’t like Italian food…at that moment I knew it would never work out.
Alas, this is what I have to work with…
More from my site
- It’s a date Navigating the world of relationships can a rewarding, but arduous task - and rightly so. Think of all of the variables you must sort through: differences in gender, culture, connotation […]
- The Relationship Canoe A few months ago I went for a canoe ride, nothing fancy, just a few times around the lake. I sat in the front, what's that called? The stern? Ahh nope, just checked on google, I was in the […]
- Why my love life will never be like the movies… and I’m glad. I'm not a huge chick flick person... but come on, I am a female and we're wired to love a good love story. I'm no exception. Over the past few months I've been dusting off some chick […]
- Fair Flirting? Snow is falling here in Wolcott, CT and I am taking a few minutes to recoup and recap while my two nephews take a nap. I love babysitting, well let me be more specific, I love babysitting […]
- Buyer’s Remorse (and my 200th post!) Ever have buyer's remorse? Basically I get it anytime I spend over $20 on pretty much anything. I blame this on my dad and when I say blame I really mean credit it to him (as it is close […]
- Are You My Soul Mate? [Editorial note: You know you're busy when you have written blog posts completed and just don't have time to publish them. This post may seem strange based on a few conversations I've had […]
- Interpreting Woman-ese: A guide for confused men It's come to my attention that some people find women confusing when they speak. I've never had this problem, although, as a woman I am fluent. I think what can make woman-ese so confusing […]
Trackbacks and pingbacks
No trackback or pingback available for this article.