Memorable dating moments
-The one where he took me to see “Passion of the Christ” because he had free tickets. Very moving film, horrible first date choice.
-The one where he gave EVERY female who walked by the complete “head to toe and back again” look over. Wrong on so many levels.
-The one where he told me he believed that God was like the “Oracle” from the Matrix who can only see the future up until our next decision. Uh, no.
-The one where he tried to show off his Spanish speaking skills at a Mexican restaurant and no one (including the Mexican owners) could understand him, yet he persisted. I was embarrassed for him.
-The one where he ordered a shrimp appetizer for us to share no less than 3 minutes after I said that shrimp skeeves me out. Way to prove you weren’t listening or just don’t care. Both are bad.
-The one where he showed up at my front door and was introduced to my dad wearing a full length black trench coat. Not a good first impression.
-The one where I was speeding across Connecticut because I was terrified we wouldn’t get to the airport in time for him to board his flight home and he would have to stay longer. If I had gotten a ticket it would have been worth it.
-The one where he made me stand in the rain waiting because he insisted on opening my door. Contrary to his belief, not chivalrous.
-The one where he unexpectedly went to kiss my cheek, I moved and he got the side of my head. Awkward.
-The one where he told me he didn’t like Italian food…at that moment I knew it would never work out.
Alas, this is what I have to work with…
More from my site
- PDA – revisited I have some pretty specific thoughts on PDA (public displays of affection), which you can read more about HERE. I guess I've just been exposed to a few couples who were, shall we say, a […]
- Which character am I? I'm a big fan of Jane Austen and similar authors. It all started with the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice back in high school. It just seemed that all the facets of romance were bound […]
- My top 10 turn offs in a guy I write this post, not so much because I think any of you care about what I don't like in guys, but because I've been recently challenged to examine what my criteria is for a dateable guy. […]
- So um, what’s wrong with you? I'll be the first one to admit, I have a bad attitude sometimes. This can be especially true when it comes to dating. It's just that I've found when you get to a certain dating age the […]
- “I’m so much cooler online” and other online dating pitfalls I have such mixed feelings about online dating. It's how two of my sisters met their husbands, as well as a few friends I know. Even with these success stories, it just seems a little odd […]
- How did THAT happen? Have you ever seen a married couple interact and think, "How did THAT happen?" Not necessarily the couples that bicker and fight or even the couples who don't really seem to be in love […]
- It’s a date Navigating the world of relationships can a rewarding, but arduous task - and rightly so. Think of all of the variables you must sort through: differences in gender, culture, connotation […]
Trackbacks and pingbacks
No trackback or pingback available for this article.